What is a Safety Moment? A Safety Moment is a brief (2-5min) safety talk about a specific topic. These Safety Moments are consistent reminder of the daily hazards we face in our day to day lives.
You’re Safety Moments:
- Will be conducted at the beginning of every meeting and can be held with a single worker at any point during the shift.
- Will be most impactful if they come from personal experience. Show the audience that this story has had an impact on you.
- Will consist of the cause, effect, solution and the lessons learned.
- Ask the audience questions. (Eg. Has anyone done this before? How did they come to a solution? What did you learn from it?)
After the Safety Moment:
- If concerns are raised during the safety moment, have them added to the meeting minutes.
- Document any ideas for brought forward for future Safety Moments.